Bisphenol A (BPA) is one of the most thoroughly tested chemicals used today and has a safety track record of 50 years. Regulatory bodies around the world have reviewed the science and have found BPA to be safe.
BPA is used to make polycarbonate plastic and a chemically related kind of polymeric material called an epoxy resin.
KEY GOVERNMENT REVIEWS OF BPA SAFETY
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (February 2018)
- Food Standards Australia New Zealand (February 2018)
- South Korean Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (March 2016)
- German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (February 2015)
- European Food Safety Authority (January 2015)
- Food Standards Australia New Zealand (January 2015)
- Health Canada (September 2012)
- Swiss Federal Office of Public Health (December 2011)
- Japanese National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (July 2011)
With all of the attention around BPA, click to learn more about why BPA is still used in consumer products.Watch More
From what you read on the internet, it may seem like BPA is everywhere. Watch this video to learn what products really contain BPA and why.Watch More